Tuesday, December 27, 2011
This is a brief overview of some of the amenities you can enjoy while staying at Disney's Beach Club Resort.
There are several different room options available, and so your room may not be exactly like this one, but this is a start!
The Deluxe Studio, in the Beach Club Villas contains one Queen bed and a sofa sleeper. Some people do not like the sofa sleeper option, but some do, because you can put the bed away in the morning and give yourself a little more living space.
The Deluxe Studios also feature a kitchenette.
The Marketplace is located in the Main Building, and is the home of your Quick Service Dining option.
It also contains the Drink Fountain for your Refillable Resort Mug.
They have a good selection of breakfast items for breakfast, then for lunch and dinner, they have soups, sandwiches, quesadillas, etc
They also keep a good selection of muffins and pastries throughout the day. These are a great quick inexpensive breakfast, or a good filling snack!
You can shop for some standard "grocery" items here also. Milk, bread, cereals, canned food, first aid, toiletries, etc.
Lots and lots and lots of Snack Options
And, then just across the way is the gift shop. So, if you need to grab some sunglasses, or a souvenir, you are right here!
**Ask about the Artist of the Day! Your child has the opportunity to color a picture, and then, quite possibly be featured as Artist of the Day! What fun!!
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Sunday, December 4, 2011
A Value Resort
We get lots of questions about the Value Resorts at Walt Disney World, mostly because they are such a good value for the money, and it is a very inexpensive way to stay "on property" but not break the bank.
So, here's a photo tour of the resort, and I hope we can answer your questions.
The Value resorts are like a standard hotel. I refer to them as "no thrills, no frills"....although, keep in mind that they ARE a Disney resort, and so, that alone tells you that it is nice. It is not a "dive" nor is it somewhere that is unclean.
Far from it. Even the value resorts have special attention to detail. If you notice the border, the comforter, and even the shower curtain pay close attention to theme in each value resort room.
Each Value resort room comes standard with two double beds. It has the one bathroom, with the "split" feature. Shower, toilet enclosed, and the sink/vanity area is outside.
Yes, even the Value Resorts feature Towel Art! A Disney Favorite!
You can see the "sitting" space, as well as the TV area in this room. Again, it is the Value resort, but it is plenty of space and room, especially if your family's theme is to "hit the parks" and spend as little time in the room as possible!
The side of this "dresser" area has some great organizing bars in it. We used it on this trip to store water and snacks. Sometimes, the kids use it to store their toys and souvenirs! Don't let any space go unused :)
Also, a great feature of Disney's All Star Sports Resort, is their food court. This resort has a large capacity, so it has lots of good options. I think there will be something for everyone to choose from. Breakfast, lunch or dinner!
In the Food Court, you will find this huge fountain machine. Great options for lunch, or just to fill your refillable mug as you head out to the parks!
Again, I love the theming of the resorts, and this one is no exception! The HUGE oversized basketball area, just makes you feel like you are right in the middle of a sports haven! So much fun!
Saturday, December 3, 2011
A Tale as old as Time.....
One of my favorite stops at Disney's Hollywood Studios is the Beauty and the Beast Production.
It is a great break for the feet, in an indoor amphitheater.
A live production of one of the most beloved Disney stories, Beauty and the Beast.
Make sure to allow time in your schedule for this one. You will be so very glad that you did.
Friday, December 2, 2011
World Showcase - Canada
Appetizer Trio to Share - Tomato Stack, Lump Crab, and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup $17.99
Roasted Duck Meatballs - with a carmelized onion tartlet and a cherry gastrique $10.99
Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage - with Roasted Corn Polenta and Sweet Onion Jam $9.99
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Smoked Bacon Cup $5.49 Bowl $6.99
Lump Crab and Sweet Corn Custards - with Paprika Aioli $10.99
Tomato Stack - with Carmelized Onions, Cucumbers, Crumbled Blue Cheese, and Yuzu Vinaigrette $8.99
Grilled Sirloin Salad - with baby spinach and potato fennel tart $17.49
Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken - Romaine lettuce, parmesan, sourdough croutons and a creamy Caesar dressing $14.49
Served with your choice of Potato Salad or French Fries
Pan-Roasted Salmon Burger - with cilantro aioli and an Asian Napa cabbage slaw $15.99
Open-faced Canadian Cheese Steak Sandwich - with sauteed onions and peppers, and Boursin cream sauce $15.49
Le Cellier House Burger - with roasted mushrooms, pancetta,maple barbecue, Black Diamond Cheddar, and crispy onions $14.99
Chicken Crepe - with roasted portobello mushrooms, peppers, and a Blue Cheese Bechamel Sauce $14.49
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce $26.99
Sauteed Potato Gnocchi - topped grilled eggplant, cherry tomatoes, pesto broth, and parmesan $18.99
New York Strip Steak - with bercy butter, served with Gruyere-Yukon Gold potato gratin $31.99
Walnut-Crusted Salmon - with sweet creamed corn, pickled mushrooms and whiskey-maple glaze $20.99
Sides and Sauces
Oven-roasted Mushrooms $5.99
Grilled Asparagus $5.99
Wild Mushroom Risotto $5.99
Creamed Spinach Gratinee $5.99
Sauteed Spinach $5.99
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes $5.99
Baked Macaroni and Cheese $5.99
Canadian Unibroue $6.75
La Fin du Monde
Blanche de Chambly
Molson Canadian $5.75
Labatt Blue $5.75
Labatt Light Blue $5.75
Draft Moosehead Pale Ale $5.25
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Take a ride thru a video game, where you battle your co-pilot for bragging rights. You use your controller to "break plates" "shoot balloons" and whatever else Woody and Buzz sling your way.
This 3D ride is a VERY popular attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and my advice to you is to go there FIRST and get your Fast Pass.
And, even if you get there early, and the "standby" line is not too long, I would grab a fast pass, and then go ahead and get in line. You are gonna want to do this one twice!
A super fun time will have you with your game face on!!! And as quick as you get off of the ride, you are gonna want to give it another whirl!
Trust me...get the Fast Pass!!!
And, if you love it as much as my family does, you might wanna get it for the Wii! Lots of family fun times at home!
Friday, October 28, 2011
Click here to "Like" the Movie on Facebook...you know, as opposed to "liking" it in real life ;-)
**And make sure to "Like" Main Street Memories on Facebook for a chance to win a copy for yourself!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Beginning today, you can book your Disney Cruise Line vacation for 2013 on two of the most magical ships at sea! The Disney Fantasy will offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, while the Disney Dream will continue to sail 3-, 4- and 5-night Bahamian cruises. Both ships depart from Port Canaveral, Fla., and include a stop at our own private island paradise, Disney’s Castaway Cay.
Call us today to begin your Disney Cruise Line reservation!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
You can choose from 6 Disney Princesses, and let them call your little one!
You can choose:
Maybe they can give them a Way to Go on a job well done...or a great big Thank You for being such a great helper!
No matter what, do it NOW, GO HERE and schedule a Princess call your Princess!
And, thanks to Target, for making this happen!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Ok, we get lots and lots of questions about the "special events" parties at Walt Disney World, so we thought we would do a post about this, maybe to give you a little more insight, so that you can decide if this would be a fun event for your family!
Why in the *World* would you go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?!?
1. Because you are already there! I know, I know, this kind-of goes without saying, but my biggest reason TO go is because you are there...and you never know...you may never be there again, during the Halloween season...or....they may discontinue the event all together! So, if you are gonna be there anyways...go!
2. You can dress up......or not! So many people will be dressed ALL THE WAY and some will be in their regular "park clothes". You can decide that for yourself! And, either way you choose, you will have tons of fun seeing all of the other people dressed up! Because, trust me, they *will* be dressed up! We have seen full families dressed as all of the Toy Story Characters, we have seen one family, all dressed up, Mom was Snow White, and her kiddos, were the dwarfs...and of course, Dad was Grumpy! FULL costume!
3. There are lots of rides open, and lots of people NOT in the park! During the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the Magic Kingdom is only open to the people with the ticket for the special event. So, you rule out a lot of the crowd! So, spend some of this time enjoying the rides. After all, what little guy doesn't want to ride It's a Small World, dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow!
4. The parade! The parade! Yes, Grim-Grinning Ghosts DO come out to socialize! There will be "haunts o' plenty" during the special themed "Boo to You" parade. And, if you are a parade kind-of kid.....well, you will NOT want to miss this! It's like no other at the Magic Kingdom! Make sure to check your Event Guide for the times of this!
5. Hallow-Wishes! If you "like" Wishes....well, then you will "love" Hallow-Wishes. It is a MUST!!! Not to be missed. Trust me when I tell you that Walt Disney World makes sure that you "get your money's worth" with just the fireworks production alone!
6. Lot of fun character opportunities. This is the time that you can meet some of the characters that you might NOT get to see during "regular" park hours, including some of the stars of Disney's Haunted Mansion.......um...maybe even a pick up a hitch hiking ghost! And...not only will you see some characters...you will see LOTS of characters "in costume". For example, you might find Mickey, dressed as a pumpkin or Winnie the Pooh dressed as a flower!
7. Trick-Or-Treating!! Yes, even the big kids can Trick-Or-Treat at the Magic Kingdom! They have stations set up for you to go to, and you can get candy, or beads, or little fun treasures! You never know what you might get, but I can tell you...that our bag was FULLLLL when we left there!!! Very fun times!
**I recommend bringing your own Trick-Or-Treat bag, because the plastic ones they give you tend to stretch, or just become difficult to manage.
And, now, it's really up to you! You just have to decide if you wanna have a little extra fun in the parks, and do something outside the box...or, you can spend that time in the pool at your resort, or in another park!
So, here are the dates available for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2011.
And, if you decide to go.....I hope you have a Haunting Ghoul Time!
- September 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30
- October 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, and 31
- November 1
7 p.m.-12 a.m.
|Age||Advance sales for Sept. 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30||Same-day sales (if available) for Sept. 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30||Advance sales for Oct. 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, and 27, and Nov. 1||Same-day sales for Oct. 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, and Nov. 1|
|10 & Up||$53.95 + tax||$59.95 + tax||$56.95 + tax||$62.95 + tax|
|3-9||$47.95 + tax||$53.95 + tax||$52.95 + tax||$58.95 + tax|
|Age||Advance sales Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, 30, and 31||Same-day sales for Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, 30, and 31|
|10 & Up||$67.95 + tax||$67.95 + tax|
|3-9||$63.95 + tax||$63.95 + tax|
**Call us today to purchase your tickets, or to plan your Magical Disney Vacation!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Bookings Between August 3, 2011 - December 15, 2011
Valid for arrivals most nights:
- Oct. 1-6, 2011
- Oct. 22 - Nov. 3, 2011
- Nov. 12-17, 2011
- Nov. 26 - Dec. 1, 2011
- Dec. 10-15, 2011
- Jan. 8-12, 2012
- Jan. 21- Feb. 2, 2012
- Feb. 11-16, 2012
- March 3-8, 2012
- March 24-29, 2012
Free Magic Your Way Quick Service Dining for Value Resorts
Free Magic Your Way Plus Dining for moderates deluxe and villas
Minimum Stay: 4 Nights – Maximum Stay: 14 Nigths.
Friday, August 19, 2011
How cute are these! I want a bazillion of them!
Disney Pixar stamps now available at the Post Office near you! Featuring The Disney/Pixar characters we all know and love from:
These are just the cutest!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Bookings Between August 3, 2011 - December 17, 2011
- Oct. 2-8, 2011
- Oct. 23 - Nov. 5, 2011
- Nov. 13-19, 2011
- Nov. 27 - Dec. 3, 2011
- Dec. 11-17, 2011
- Jan. 8-14, 2012
- Jan. 22 - Feb. 4, 2012
- Feb. 12-18, 2012
- March 4-10, 2012
- March 25-31, 2012
Free Magic Your Way Quick Service Dining for Value Resorts
Free Magic Your Way Plus Dining for moderates deluxe and villas
Minimum Stay: 3 Nights – Maximum Stay: 14 Nigths.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Are you considering running the Disney's Princess Half Marathon this year?!
Well, we have some tips for you, to help you make the most of your trip, training, and tiara!!
First things first.
Register. And do it today. It will sell out. So will the 5k. If you think you are gonna do it, go ahead and register and commit yourself and your $$$ to the race! You will be so glad you did.
Reservations: Make sure to let us here at Main Street Memories make your reservations. We can customize your package to suit your needs and help you with lots of tips and tricks along the way. We have run EVERY SINGLE DISNEY RACE AVAILABLE so, we are certain to help you avoid some mistakes and make the most of your vacation. Contact us today! (and the best part is....our Magical Services are completely FREE!!!)
Run: Start your training. Now, most half marathon training plans give you about a 16-20 week program, so get your calendar out and mark a start date. But, don't wait for that day. The more you run in advance of that date, the easier your training will be when you "officially start"
If you think you are gonna run wearing a tiara (and, ah hem....why would you NOT?!) then I recommend that you look around at a party store, or Claire's boutique. You can get a very cute, cheap tiara, and you can try it on, and maybe even take it for a practice run (yes! I totally did a run thru my neighborhood wearing my tiara!!)
You *can* buy them at the Expo, but believe me, they are much more expensive there.
Don't forget about eating......if you are on the Disney Dining Plan, you will want to make sure that your Dining Reservations have been made. Remember a good meal, EARLY on Saturday evening is your BEST FRIEND!!!
Are you going to wear a costume during the race?! If so, make sure to consider all factors in advance. The material. The length. The fit. If it's too long, you could trip. If it's too tight, well, it might rub in all the wrong places. Again, give that baby a test run! Better to be safe than sorry.
Magical Express: If you have allowed Main Street Memories to book your vacation for you, we will make sure that you know to take advantage of the Magical Express. It is a free service offered by Walt Disney World to bring you to and from the Orlando Airport. It will save you some $$$ and time, and not to mention the stress of dealing with traffic!
**on that note, if you are flying, make sure to put your running shoes in your carry-on. Unless you are ok with buying a new pair at the Expo! For me, my running shoes are the only thing, I can't run out and "buy a new one".....I want to be able to run in "my shoes"...just in case they lose my luggage :(
The Disney's Fit for A Princess Expo:
It is just a good idea to go to the Expo Early. DO NOT wait until late Saturday, if you can at all help it. They *will* run out of merchandise, and lots of the booths will sell out, especially of the most popular items and sizes. After all, you've come all this way, and trained hard, you don't want the leftovers!
Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen for that hot Florida sun.
Old clothes. Old clothes are a GREAT item to have in your suitcase, so on Race Day, you can shed them as soon as you warm up. But, it could very possibly have a chilly start line, so make sure to be prepared for that.
Your camera. This is the race of a lifetime and you will certainly be glad that you brought a little camera along with you. If you are running with a friend, swap cameras so that when you spot a character...you take hers, she takes yours, and off you go, without much time lost.
**And, don't forget to charge your battery and empty your memory card!
Make a packing list. And check it twice. Or 12 times.
You don't want to forget your sports bra, and not realize it until the morning of!! (ask me how I know!)
Take Aquaphor with you. In case you do get "rubbed the wrong way" or for your chapped lips, or for blisters.
Pack a little first aid kid. Band-aids, ibuprofen, tweezers, etc
And, don't forget to bring a girlfriend, or 10! This is by far one of the funnest races all year, and every year, we try to bring more Princesses with us, so they can experience this fun race! It is one NOT to be missed.
And, in the end, you will have the Tiara to prove that you are, in fact, what you've been trying to convince the rest of the world...A PRINCESS!!!
**And we will post some "what to expect during the race" tips a little bit later
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
So many people ask us......."I've never been to Walt Disney World...what do I need to know?"
Well, honestly, that is like saying, I've never been to America, where should I start?!
So, I will start with some of the top Tips that I like to tell people....just a few quickies!
1. You need a plan. Now, don't take me TOO serious, because part of the frustration of Disney World is that so many people have it SO planned out that they can't relax. BUT....if you just have a general plan, it will help eliminate SOOOOO much of the stress.
A. What park do you want to go to each day?
B. Are you on the dining plan? Go ahead and make sure your reservations are made and ready!
C. Are there any characters you MUST see??? Make sure to review the Times Guide, so that you will know what time and where that specific character might appear!
2. Speaking of characters......so many people are mislead, because they think that their child is gonna skip down Main Street USA holding Minnie Mouse's hand, while they are both in their cute little red polka dot dress. Now, I am not saying it "can't" happen, but more than likely, it won't. Just remember, EVERYONE there wants to see Mickey, and NO ONE wants to wait in line, either. But, it's just part of the deal. So, again, check your Times Guide for locations and times, and make sure you plan your day accordingly!
3. And, if you are going to see as much as possible, and do as much as you can, you are gonna need good, comfortable shoes. Now, notice I did not say Tennis Shoes. Those may not work for you. DO NOT go out and buy a brand new pair of shoes and then try to conquer Walt Disney World in them. NOT a good idea! But, if you have a great, comfy pair of flip flops, then by all means, choose them. Just make sure everyone in the family has their "best foot forward" and life will be a lot more Magical for everyone! Trust me, I'm a professional :)
4.Plan some down time. Make sure to "schedule" in some down time in your plan. It can be an entire day off, just spent at the resort enjoying the pool, or just for one night, plan to NOT close down the parks, and go ahead and go back and get a good night's rest. Or, it can be as simple as, making sure to see the Hall of Presidents during the middle, hottest part of the day. And, maybe to go watch the Beauty and the Beast Show during Naptime.
Whatever it is that you choose to do, just make sure a "break" is planned in there somewhere. You are gonna need it!
5. The weather is unpredictable. So, just plan for the unexpected. Make sure to watch the weather for a few days before you leave home, so that you know what the average temp will be. But, then, if it is the summer time, Orlando is notorious for those quick hard summer showers. So, I recommend grabbing a poncho for everyone from the Dollar Tree, or the hunting department of Walmart or Target. They are super cheap, and tiny. Just throw them in your bag, and if the rain comes, you are ready!
**And, on the subject of rain, if you do get caught in the rain....don't run from it, play in it! Nothing is better than letting your kids dance in the rain puddles in the Magic Kingdom!!! Live a little! You will be glad you did!
6. Take advantage of the FREE Fastpass that Walt Disney World has to offer! So many people tell me that they never even used it, because they did not know what it was! If you have booked your vacation with Main Street Memories, then you will find an entire section in your travel booklet, dedicated to an explaining how to best use the FastPass system.
7. Let us help you. Do not exhaust yourself making your own Dining Reservations, we can do that for you. Do not spend time looking at every little website trying to decide how to plan out your snacks. Ask us, we will help you. And, do not be overwhelmed if you see a commercial for Walt Disney World with a new sales/promotional offer! Just ask us. We will help you. If you are trying to stay in a budget or your dates are not flexible, or you have just simle needs, just ask. Main Street Memories is here to help you...and we will help you until you have your vacation just like you want it!
8. Take advantage of the photopass opportunities. Again, this is one of those things that lots of people don't understand. And, even if you think you won't buy them, go ahead and let them take the shot, and give them your camera. They will gladly take it. Usually, they are positioned in the best spots in the parks and they are professional photographers. They will take great pictures. And, when you get home, it's a great way to share your photos with friends and family. Even if you don't buy them, they are fun to look at!
9. Stay INSIDE Disney Property. Now, I don't get any perks for telling you this. But, it is my honest to goodness advice. And you will be so thankful you did. You can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express if you fly into the Birmingham airport. And you can use the Disney Buses to and from your resort and the parks. NO driving, no traffic. No madness. And, it's so much easier at the end of the day, to just zip right over to your resort! And, if you are on property, you can take advantage of the Disney Dining Plan.
10. Save some for later....Don't try to do it all in this one visit. Because unless you are staying about 10 days, I am not sure you can do every little thing. See all of the characters. Eat all of the best meals. Do every ride. Find every hidden Mickey. There's just so much.
But that's the magic of it all. You can do so much now, and then come home, and start planning your next trip!!!