Ok, we get lots and lots of questions about the "special events" parties at Walt Disney World, so we thought we would do a post about this, maybe to give you a little more insight, so that you can decide if this would be a fun event for your family!
Why in the *World* would you go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?!?
1. Because you are already there! I know, I know, this kind-of goes without saying, but my biggest reason TO go is because you are there...and you never know...you may never be there again, during the Halloween season...or....they may discontinue the event all together! So, if you are gonna be there anyways...go!
2. You can dress up......or not! So many people will be dressed ALL THE WAY and some will be in their regular "park clothes". You can decide that for yourself! And, either way you choose, you will have tons of fun seeing all of the other people dressed up! Because, trust me, they *will* be dressed up! We have seen full families dressed as all of the Toy Story Characters, we have seen one family, all dressed up, Mom was Snow White, and her kiddos, were the dwarfs...and of course, Dad was Grumpy! FULL costume!
3. There are lots of rides open, and lots of people NOT in the park! During the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the Magic Kingdom is only open to the people with the ticket for the special event. So, you rule out a lot of the crowd! So, spend some of this time enjoying the rides. After all, what little guy doesn't want to ride It's a Small World, dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow!
4. The parade! The parade! Yes, Grim-Grinning Ghosts DO come out to socialize! There will be "haunts o' plenty" during the special themed "Boo to You" parade. And, if you are a parade kind-of kid.....well, you will NOT want to miss this! It's like no other at the Magic Kingdom! Make sure to check your Event Guide for the times of this!
5. Hallow-Wishes! If you "like" Wishes....well, then you will "love" Hallow-Wishes. It is a MUST!!! Not to be missed. Trust me when I tell you that Walt Disney World makes sure that you "get your money's worth" with just the fireworks production alone!
6. Lot of fun character opportunities. This is the time that you can meet some of the characters that you might NOT get to see during "regular" park hours, including some of the stars of Disney's Haunted Mansion.......um...maybe even a pick up a hitch hiking ghost! And...not only will you see some characters...you will see LOTS of characters "in costume". For example, you might find Mickey, dressed as a pumpkin or Winnie the Pooh dressed as a flower!
7. Trick-Or-Treating!! Yes, even the big kids can Trick-Or-Treat at the Magic Kingdom! They have stations set up for you to go to, and you can get candy, or beads, or little fun treasures! You never know what you might get, but I can tell you...that our bag was FULLLLL when we left there!!! Very fun times!
**I recommend bringing your own Trick-Or-Treat bag, because the plastic ones they give you tend to stretch, or just become difficult to manage.
And, now, it's really up to you! You just have to decide if you wanna have a little extra fun in the parks, and do something outside the box...or, you can spend that time in the pool at your resort, or in another park!
So, here are the dates available for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2011.
And, if you decide to go.....I hope you have a Haunting Ghoul Time!
- September 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30
- October 2, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, and 31
- November 1
7 p.m.-12 a.m.
|Age||Advance sales for Sept. 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30||Same-day sales (if available) for Sept. 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, and 30||Advance sales for Oct. 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, and 27, and Nov. 1||Same-day sales for Oct. 2, 6, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20, and Nov. 1|
|10 & Up||$53.95 + tax||$59.95 + tax||$56.95 + tax||$62.95 + tax|
|3-9||$47.95 + tax||$53.95 + tax||$52.95 + tax||$58.95 + tax|
|Age||Advance sales Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, 30, and 31||Same-day sales for Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, 30, and 31|
|10 & Up||$67.95 + tax||$67.95 + tax|
|3-9||$63.95 + tax||$63.95 + tax|
**Call us today to purchase your tickets, or to plan your Magical Disney Vacation!